Data protection statement for Old Dovorian Club.
This statement explains how the Old Dovorian Club (referred to as the OD Club) handles and uses the personal data it collects about its members, or participants in membership groups that it runs. The needs to keep in touch with you, in order to keep you apprised of its activities and developments.
It is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information it holds. The following statement sets out how the OD Club specifically uses your personal data.
Personal data held by the OD Club
The OD Club holds information relating to you given to it by yourselves. The information it holds that you provide to, will have come from when you may have provided information by filling in forms, or by corresponding with the OD Club by telephone, email or otherwise. The information given to the OD Club consists of your name, your name if different to your name whilst at Dover College, address, email address, telephone number, school house, sporting and social interests, current profession, and the dates you attended Dover College.
No contact information is given to other Old Dovorian Groups, Dover College or via a third party by the OD Club without your prior permission either by email or letter.
The records may contain:
* Name when at Dover College and current name if different to the name you were known as at Dover College
*The Dover College house you were in.
* The dates you were at Dover College
* Your membership status
* Your contact details (including email address, residential address, and telephone numbers) We will update these whenever you let us know that they have changed
* Social and sporting Interests
* Data protection consent
How your data is used by the OD Club
Your data is used by the OD Club in the following ways.
* Sending you communications for forthcoming OD Club meetings, advertising OD Club events, OD Club Newsletters and / or OD Club and Dover College News publications and general information.
* Providing a secure contact/information service to the OD Club Committee, and other fully paid-up members of the OD Club
* Internal record keeping, including the management of any feedback or complaints
* Administrative purposes (e.g., to administer an OD Club event you have attended – Minutes of an OD Club meeting, OD Club Final year end Accounts prior to a meeting where these are to be discussed)
Communications to you may be sent by post, telephone or electronic means (principally by email, but also via the OD Club Social media platforms), depending on the contact details the OD Club holds and the preferences expressed by you about the types of communications you wish to receive.
If you have concerns or queries about any of these purposes, or how we communicate with you, please contact the OD Club Secretary, at [email protected]